InSafeHands operates a service that provides 365 days cover a year and our services are tailored to your individual needs.
Flexibility of Service
InSafeHands offers a range of care services and alternatives to allow people to be cared for in their own home. For many people requiring support, they have the stark choice of being self sufficient (living without help from support services) or going into a home.
We at InSafeHands aim to reduce the worry associated with this dilemma and offer a realistic alternative, enabling people to be cared for in their own home and surroundings with minimal upheaval and disruption. This will allow them to remain being around their family, friends and creature comforts.
Care visits can be tailor made for the services you require. Visits are from 15 minutes upwards. There is no upper limit but realistically most of our care visits are between 30 minutes and one hour long. Some of the services we offer are:
- Assisting with all aspects of personal hygiene washing, dressing, shaving, showering, toileting, incontinence.
- Assisting with mobility/ getting up/ putting to bed
- Preparing meals and drinks
- Prompting for medication when it is due.
- Assisting with all domestic household chores for example, bed changing and making, washing clothes, ironing, cleaning and tidying (these tasks can be on a regular basis or by arrangement i.e. spring clean).
- We can go shopping, collect list beforehand, put away afterwards. Our clients can be escorted to be assisted with their shopping or have their shopping brought for them.
- Assisting with pet care, feeding, walking etc.
- Escort to appointments, clubs, religious venues.
- We can provide respite services for when carers and their families require a break.
- We provide carers who can stay overnight. The care services provide through the night care for those people who need them. This can either be on a ‘sleeper night’ basis, where the Care Collaborator expects a reasonable night’s sleep but is on hand for emergencies, or a ‘waking night’ where the Care Collaborator is on duty throughout the night.
- Social calls & assistance with appointments.
The above are only a summary of services we offer please ask if you have a specific need that you think we can help with.
To provide quality care achieving the best results for our customers whilst providing an individualistic, quality, reliable service that incorporates best value for the purchaser and client.
What tasks can I expect my Care Collaborator to carry out?
Before we begin, you will meet with our team to decide on an agreed plan of care. Our carers will work with that plan, coupled with our expertise, to assist you on the care service you require. This prevents you having to explain daily what needs to be done and clearly sets out the expectations from you, as our client. Please feel free to discuss any aspect of your care plan with us so that it remains as current as possible.
What tasks will my Care Collaborator NOT do?
Once InSafeHands have established precisely what you require on each visit we will work with the care plan to ensure your needs are met. We are unable to give injections or change sterile dressings and we will prompt medication taking but are not legally allowed to administer medication. We cannot carry out tasks which are likely to cause risk to either the person we provide care to or to our employees which is why we politely request that if any different tasks are needed please discuss with our office team first so that tasks can be assessed appropriately.
Will I have the same person every day?
We endeavour to keep the number of carers you have to a minimum but to avoid new workers having to start from scratch when regular carers are away we do like to have a few workers familiar with your requirements.
After every visit the Care Collaborator will write the details of what he/she has carried out during the visit in the Care Record (which stays in the customer’s house). We use Electronic Call Monitoring so carers register in and out at each call. Please let us know if you wish them to use a signing in/out sheet in addition to this. If you are unhappy with the level of service provided please don’t hesitate to contact our office where your concern will be dealt with swiftly.
How much does the service cost and can I get any help with the fees?
With your input we will devise a detailed plan for each client which, as well as setting out the plan of care to be delivered, also shows the weekly costs. Many people will be entitled to assistance with the cost of their care either by controlling your own budget through Direct Payments or from their local Social Services office and other Government grants. Please ask and we will advise you accordingly.
How do I pay for my care?
Payment terms will be agreed with clients on commencement of contract. All prices are inclusive of VAT. If you wish to pay by standing order (to save you having to remember to write out a cheque) just let us know.
What if I don’t like it or want to make changes?
We carry out care reviews on a regular basis to ensure that we remain as flexible as possible to meet your needs. We understand that people’s care needs may change frequently and do our utmost that we keep pace with these changes. We are always pleased to hear from members of the immediate family about ways the service can be delivered most effectively.